Friday 6 March 2015

How easily racist attitudes raise their ugly heads.

I am amazed a post on taking care on the roads with horses and donkeys could descend in to a veritable racial war between English and French riders. I copied the post on TAG to a horsey site on facebook. Immediately someone picked it up and tried to turn it to disadvantage of the French. 24 comments later and the heat was taken out of the argument by the site organiser saying no more slagging off the French. What struck me about it was "what are you doing living in France if you neither like or have respect for the French?" I dug deeper and checked out the lady who had no time for the French by clicking on her own personal site.
What a revelation, one of the first posts was the picture of a Muslim man next to a car on a road. He was supposed to be trying to rob the people in the car... but what was interesting were the comments allowed on that site. I could not repeat them and no way would I allow filth and racist remarks like that here.
 It read like the comments section often seen in the Daily Mail. (or so I have been told!)
This lady was not a Telegraph reader.
Malc says  does not sound like a Guardian reader either
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com