Saturday 21 March 2015

Feelings run high on our furry friends.

Yesterday the ipad was my chum for longer than usual on the afternoon. I  had a dentist visit on the morning and I think the anesthetic affected me all day. Not complaining,  as when I have a flashing smile it will all be worth it. I did decide as I was a bit woozy not to write anything but just to post any pictures sent.
Sally dalmation breeder who is a friend wondered why I had left comments to taglines82 off  that post that slammed dog breeders.  I was dashing to the dentist and forgot to add it, but any comments on any post reach our desk.
I feel very much like Sue on most dog breeders but Sally is a responsible breeder who does it for her love of the breed and she assures me it has never been for the money and I know this to be true. If only all were like her but they are not. It is a subject where feelings run high. Many of us have pedigree dogs but I think the tide is turning on dog adoption.
Too many dogs thrown out, discarded lost because they are not chipped is starting to make dog lovers decide to go down the refuge route. As far as I can see the refuges are not just full of mongrels but pedigree dogs as well, as Sue pointed out, ones breeders cannot sell.
We all have our views on this subject and as I and another friend Anke know, once you have visited a few refuges here in France you change your mind about bringing more unwanted dogs into the world.
 Sue at Poorpaws has had many dalmations through her hands in her time of rehoming.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com