Wednesday 17 December 2014

Disconcerting, the owl in the eaves

Up early this morning preparing things we may need to help move Coco easily.  A box of apples sliced, some electric line and posts possibly needed to make a run up to the horse box, a spare lead, all the presents we have to take. But heavens what has just returned to his niche in the eaves and wall of the house ... the owl. I  could hear him hooting and now I can hear him quite distinctly moving in the nest, this as I sit in the salon.
I love owls but having one nesting here I am not happy about. The nest is above the large salon windows and doors which the cats use often peeping their heads up and tapping to be let in. In the Spring with a brood of chicks, owls can be aggressive with animals and children. Annoying really as when their brood is fledged they then aggressively shoo the young away from their hunting areas, making the survival of their babies quite a hard job.  Not many young owls survive.
Tawny owls are top on my list of google searches at the moment.. and who wants regurgitated rats just outside their salon door!
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com