Thursday 25 December 2014

Dying at Calais, not just at Christmas

Migrants are dying at Calais, we surely do not want this?
Somehow worse at Christmas when we lucky few are indulging ourselves to the hilt and enjoying it. Knowing there are  homeless displaced people and Malc and I always think "there for the grace of God go I" Born in the right place to the right people, we thank out lucky stars. We also feel empathy for others not so lucky as I am sure do most of  our readers.
Yesterday I passed a Big issue seller and paid her but as I walked away and past her a couple of times through the day her hellos to most  passers by fell on deaf ears. Smartly dressed folk walked past this poor  lady. A lady  not begging but trying to earn a crust, even if one did not give money what does a polite hello cost you?
 I have given a link to the article in the Guardian about migrants at Calais.
Why spoil Christmas you may think, but surely it is the time we should think of others.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/24/calais-desperate-migrants-dying-eu-migration-squalor-poverty
comments to taglines82@gmail.com