Monday 22 December 2014

Consumerism and eye tests

We kept saying yesterday, Sunday  but will the shops be open? Open everyday, open all hours it seems. We are used to nothing being open Sunday or Monday and the range of quality items to be bought, well the mind boggles. But surely there are only so many jumpers I need or smart shirts Malc wants. So easy to get carried away on a spend, spend spend, but I do not need anymore clothes, nor does Malc. Our lives have changed in the last 13 years, as I might add has our bank balance. But give me a pair of jeans a clean sweater and where we live in the country with all our animals who needs more. I know it is Henley and it is slightly different to many UK towns but the flow of consumerism now shocks me.

On a different theme I had arranged to have my eyes tested as it is so difficult and one waits so long in France. I was told I was the second English person at Boots the Optician who lived in France and had been in for an eye test that day. For me good job I did as after spending months saying" there is nothing wrong with my eye sight Malc, I have always had great long distance vision" Today I was told that I would not pass a driving eye sight test in the UK or in France.  New glasses are being made as we speak.
Daughter says... that's it, your presents are going back!! but then laughed
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com