Monday 7 April 2014

Elly the chameleon, on who do you think you are?

Morning Val,
This is a question I often ask myself. I guess I am a bit of a chameleon and adapt according to the country I find myself in. However, off the top of my head:
Dutch by birth, British culturally, socially, politically and economically and a great affinity with France since my early teens. Funnily enough I still dream in Dutch when visiting Holland even after an absence of more than 40 years.  French dreams come easily when I'm spending long times in France. Nightmares (joke) are in English when I am on British soil. Oh, and I have long been European by choice! I do not consider this mélange a crisis of identity, but rather see the various parts as an enrichment. 
Wonder what other people come up with.
Best wishes,
Elly
P.S. Just getting ready to return to France on 20 April. Can't wait. Lots of work to do in my studio there for an Open Studio in Britain in July and the Festival d'Art International de Parisot in August http://faip82.fr/index.php/artists/

Comments to taglines82@gmail.com