Saturday 9 May 2015

Lucy my favourite donkey, 8 ears old

Our Lucy with little Ayla, this has got to be my favourite photo of her.
 Lucy is now 8 ears old, or 8 years old. I wonder if it was a freudian slip that made me write ears?
A couple of days ago whilst brushing and taking off burrs, I tried to take a burr of her ear to discover when it bled that it was an attached lump, picture below. On checking with Jan at Liberte des Anes and other donkey friends, they thought it might be a sarcoid and it would be worth getting the vet to look. Do not google sarcoid. We will phone the vet today and hope it is a wart that just needs cream.
Val says took the photo to show the vet who says it is a "verrue" wart. He will order some ointment and only if it grows do we need to go back.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com