Sunday 31 May 2015

Well over the top at St. Martiel, our next hameau along.

Hi, Val and Malcolm. 
I tried to send this e-mail with a photo earlier, but I don’t think it went. It said that I was sorry to read that the sub-editor is poorly, and I don’t want him to feel any more poorly, so he should stop reading this e-mail now.

The red and white victory flag is flying again over Saint Martial this morning to recognise the glorious and comprehensive victory of Frenchman Arsène Wenger’s Arsenal team over Aston Villa in the FA Cup Final at Wembley yesterday. In a majestic 4-0 drubbing, the final goal was scored in injury time by France’s own Olivier Giroud. The other French players in the team who picked up winners’ medals were Laurent Koscielny and Francis Coquelin.

Arsenal are now the club with the most FA Cup final victories, and Arsène Wenger is the first post-war manager to win the FA Cup 6 times.

Love,
Sarah

PS Get well soon, Malcolm


Val says I am sure Malc would have been much more restrained if the Boro had won !!
Through gritted teeth,  well done Arsenal. Malc has not seen this yet but I am sure he will pass on congratulations!! Sarah's heading was French football but I felt mine was more apt.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com