Monday 25 May 2015

Today was all about Ruby

The story is about Ruby but I just have to mention Katy the dog rehomer who had never driven an automatic car. I insisted we went in our safe four wheels,  she insisted on driving otherwise she would be sick, had never in her life driven on a motorway and was horrified when I said I had worked out the nearly four hour drive by motorway and that was what we were doing. After a stop at Cahors for a break where she could not use the loos and had to use the bushes as she was claustrophobic, slammed the brakes on after we started again as she heard the car doors click locking shut, and she cannot be locked in, I yelled start the car we are on a motorway you cannot stop, asked me how to break the window if it was needed, I showed her how they opened ... I knew we were in for a long exciting day. It made me realise how someone with claustrophobia must suffer and all credit to Katy she did all we did today for Ruby, forcing herself to do things she would never normally consider;
I call that brave.
We did have a lot of laughs, most of it hysterical, like when we spent an hour in a forest somewhere after Perigueux, as she refused to consider Amelia on the GPS could possibly know the way and refusing to go down the lanes mentioned as she could not possibly be right. We did stop the car as we were laughing so much. In the end I phoned Trevor who was adopting Ruby and he met us and guided us in.

The meeting was lovely, I think love at first sight. What an interesting man with a big heart. His previous dog Mable who looks very similar to Ruby died two months ago. Mable was a star and had been on a morning show in the UK. She had been with four homes before Trevor adopted her from a rehoming centre. She had a problem a bit like epilepsy where when excited she suddenly dropped unconscious for a few minutes. Trevor a photo journalist and Mable hit the news.
Then Trevor had a serious illness and Mable was there for him, helping him through it. So when Mable became ill he did everything he could for her but to no avail in the end.
I told him Ruby was a very needy dog, staying close to the person in charge of her. Trevor said "wherever I go Ruby will go"
Katy and I thought we would leave in tears but instead left in total happiness
I think Trevor and Ruby are going to be soulmates.. and I hope the adoption brings them both joy.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com