Tuesday 26 May 2015

A policier writes some of the amusing comments made by drivers

Alexandre Despretz a policeman who patrols the roads has heard some " corkers" in his time, he calls them "perles"
Below some of the pearls
  • « J'ai la gangrène dans ma jambe de gauche, alors c'est difficile d'utiliser la pédale correctement pour arriver à faire un arrêt... »
  • "I've gangrene in my left leg, so it's hard to use the brake pedal properly to stop"
  • « J’ai de l’alcool dans le sang car j’ai mangé trop de bœuf bourguignon »
  • "I've too much alcohol in my blood because I've eaten too much boeuf bourguignon"
  • « Je n’ai pas l’habitude de mettre ma ceinture car je fais du scooter d’habitude »
  • " I'm not used to wearing a seat belt because I usually ride a scooter"
  • « Bonjour, vous avez bu? », demande le policier. « - Non, juste une cuillère ». « -Regardez-vous, vous ne tenez pas debout ». « -Mais moi, Monsieur, je conduis assis »
  • "Bonjour, have you been drinking?" asked the policeman. "No,just a spoonful", "But look, you can't stand up", "but, officer, I am driving sitting down".
  • « Pour tout vous avouer, je suis malade, si vous voulez, vous pouvez prendre ma température »
  • "To be honest, I am ill. You can take my temperature if you wish"
  • « C’est mon premier PV depuis 22 ans, vous pouvez m'en faire un petit s'il vous plait ? »
  • "It's my first ticket in 22 years, could you please make it a small one?"
  • « -Vous demeurez où Monsieur ? » « -Ne me traitez pas de demeuré ! »
  • " Where do you live, sir?" "Don't treat me like an imbecile!" (ndlr- demeuré means backward"
  • « Je n’ai pas grillé un feu rouge, juste un tricolore »
  • "I didn't run a red light, just a three coloured one"
  • « Je peux vous donner le permis de conduire de ma femme ? Je n’ai plus de points sur le mien »
  • "Can I give you my wife's licence? I've lost all the points on mine"
  • « Je roule trop vite parce que ma femme accouche et en plus ma mère est malade, elle vient d’avoir un infarctus de la cocarde. Je peux appeler la maternité pour leur demander de retarder l’accouchement de 10 minutes ? »
  • " I'm driving too fast because my wife is in labour and what's more my mother-in-law has just had a heart attack. Can I ring the maternity ward and ask them to postpone the birth 10 minutes?"
Val says one of our own, said by a friend :" I wasn't wearing my seat belt because I was looking for my handkerchief in my pocket". The gendarme didn't believe that one either.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com