Friday 5 December 2014

A sad story to be passed on to Liberte des Anes

Hi Val,  Here is a sad story..this donkey lived
in a large yard around the house of a family,
keeping the grass trimmed, and there were 3
children who gave him attention. Suddenly the
family moved and left the donkey alone. I live
nearby and have started going to make sure there
is water and to offer some care. The first time I
looked there was nothing but rusty rain sludge in
the bottom of the rusted barrel that he has for
water. I am worried about getting him hay as the
grass is getting sparse.
There is a for rent sign outside the house with
a number. I called and the woman who used to live
there was very short with me..my intuition told
me she separated from her husband and is not
dealing well with things. I asked about the
donkey and she said she didn't know what to do.
When I asked if she would be willing to give him
away if I found a taker she said yes without
hesitating.
So here it is..abandoned donkey. All I can say
right now is that his name is Coco, uncastrated,
and very sweet and affectionate. RIght now he is
also very sad. I called the lady another time to
ask more info on him like his age and if he is
micro chipped but she hasn't responded to my call.
He is located at Toulongueres between
Villefranche de Rouergue and Villeneuve. Please
see if you can get this info to people who might
be interested or able to help. I will not be
able to help him for long because I am moving
away from the area at the end of this month.
Attached is a photo. Also his hoofs are starting
to look bad.
Jeannine
Val says what a sad story and I know it will be hard to find someone to take this uncastrated donkey. It will be the very donkey that the young French people I know hoped I would adopt. My instint is that this donkey is in grave need and I will be sending all this information to Jan at Liberte des Anes