Monday 14 July 2014

Help needed from our French readers

The other evening a French friend was explaining that Marine Le Pen was not seeing eye to eye, or
were at each others throats, or was  head to head with her Father.
The Frenchman explained this as the couple being " bis bis" or "biz bis" and he did the action with me of nose to nose. He asked if I understood and I said "yes, I know about fairing la bise" which caused ripples of laughter from the other French present.
Now I want to know exactly how it is spelt this French slang expression. I understand what he was
saying and  asking is the way you learn. I may want to use the expression myself when I am " biz bis" with Malc.

We are told to be at loggerheads is  bisbille. We had coffee with the same Frenchman today and he pronounced bisbille without the " ll" making it sounds as I thought bisbe. 
Malc says  but he is a Breton.

Comments to taglines82@gmail.com