Tuesday 8 July 2014

Great ideas flow in

What a great idea to brighten up the Salle des Fetes in Varen for the Salon du Jardin with old gardening implements. Someone else on the committee suggested we also had little people made of straw.
This afternoon I got a stripey sweater and some trousers, a hat, an occitan square and straw and started to make a figure.
I upset the donkeys by taking straw out of the barn to stuff pillowcases.
I upset Malc who came out and said "you are surely not using your new trousers and that sweater !"
and I upset myself as the results were so amateurish.
Is there anyone out there who could make a reasonable country looking farmery figure to sit on our old donkey cart which could then have pride of place at the show.
My efforts shown below;  oh! and I have ruined a pillowcase!
The donkeys have got their straw back, my clothes are in the wash and pillowcase in the bin.
comments to taglines82@gmail.com