Wednesday 2 April 2014

Worrying statistics

As many as 35 percent of French people admit to being “quite” or “a little” racist, an annual report for the fight against racism, anti-Semitism and xenophobia, revealed this week, suggesting that intolerance in France was on the rise. 

Dear Val,
These admissions don't surprise me, but they do sadden me. Of course, xenophobia always increases when there is an economic crisis. However, we do not have to accept such shortsighted views. I for one usually speak my mind about such issues. Not that it makes me very popular ....... 

Kind regards,
Elly

Val says  speaking your mind Elly is good. Like you I do it . But boy,  do I find myself in trouble;  on race and anti Semitism  issues you have to be clear where you stand. Knowing what is right and wrong and speaking out , we have no choice.