Tuesday 26 March 2013

News after the Antiques Roadshow

Dear Val and co

Many thanks for the great effort yesterday. Please will you thank Ann for her  help and suggestions and pass on the developments to her. 

I searched the internet for the Blue and White ironstone china. I came up with the nearly identical thing on sale on an American site. So it is in the Humphries Clock Pattern by Ridgeway of England. Now they wanted $410 for 6 large sized plates, one meat ashette, one vegetable terrine and a gravy boat which like mine had no stand.  Now the big question is, is it that as with a pair of vases it is worth more than just one since I have 4 large and 4 small plates 3 ashettes and 2 terrines as well as the gravy boat.

I think I may ask the V&A about my chest and maybe the National Portrait Gallery about the portrait. I tried both Bohnams and Sothebys and neither had records of having sold a Collier Smithers but at least there is more information about him on the internet now

Ginny

PS cannot wait for the next one!
Comments to  taglines82@gmail.com