Saturday 23 March 2013

Have you got a fosse, never mind a working one?

Where does it all go I ask myself ?
More and more I hear of country farms  that have never had a fosse, never mind one that does not meet the  present day norms. This came up as we discussed our neighbours house which I had assumed had a fosse but knew it would not meet the norms. It does not have one, so where does it go? Now another French neighbour nearby, we know does not have a fosse, in fact we doubt if he has an inside loo, what am I saying, we doubt he has a loo.
It is "normale" to see him facing any passing hedge ( does he keep wet wipes in his pocket I think when we stop to shake hands ?) but we have also seen on numerous occasions his bottom protuding from a hedge with trousers round the ankles. We are in the country and manure is good for the soil,  but I just hate it when the dogs discover it, cow pooh they use as perfume behind the ears but human is different.( that makes you squirm ) Won't be getting as many pats and ear scratching now dogs.  We have some other neighbours who when they bought their farm asked where the loo was and the Farmer made an expansive gesture with his arms to the fields, take your pick. Ah! the joys of the countryside, and I tell you what I bet your French country neighbours are not much different, but disabuse me if they are.
Comments to
taglines82@gmail.com