Wednesday 27 March 2013

I don't know but I know a man who does.

Hello,
 Recently, I came upon your delightful blog, "TAG on-line", and a post regarding the war heroine Nancy Wake. I've been quite interested in Ms. Wake's wartime exploits, particularly her time as a member of Britian's Special Operations Executive. As your blog entry mentions, as per her request, Ms Wake's ashes were buried on the grounds of the Chateau de Fragne, just outside of Montlucon. From what I understand, this was the headquarters of the local Maquis, the chateau iitself apparently found "abandoned" by the Resistance.

Now, there's one thing that baffles me. I was under the impression that nearly all  grand estates in wartime France were commandeered by the Germans at some point. So why was the Chateau de Fragne left abandoned? I believe the Chateau is now a hotel. But, who were its original owners before the war?

If you any information that could shed some light on these questions, I would greatly appreciate it.
 Thank you for your time.
 Regards,

 Alix Kensit   soundshore@live.com
Val says Martyn Cox may be able to answer this question. His email is   bientrouve@mac.com
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com