Sunday 17 February 2013

It is the young people I will remember, from this weekend.

Where to start on the week end at Sautou. Well I suppose the first thing is to tell you that  the raffle prize winner was Eileen Davidson of Varen and Stuart Burgess won the prize of the beautiful bag donated by Maison Noble Val. The draw ( tirage) was made by two special friends I made over the weekend,  Ahad and Fatouma, in the presence of Jean Marie and Winnie Nosal.
The raffle raised  315 euros and overall we took well over  1,500 euros. To be commended are Jane and Colin who worked hard to make it such a successful event.
Jean Marie and Winnie are to be thanked for the lunches which they donated to give us all a " whoosh" of energy.
I bought a couple of junior beds and then felt I needed a couple of juniors to bring home with me, they were all so delightful the young people there I could have smuggled them all home. I did the second best thing and have promised a group of them a visit here  and I will really look forward to that. They are all going to look tomorrow to see their photos on TAG. One of my special friends Ahad Abdul who speaks English is over here from Bangledesh and is missing home a little, and is thrown into a situation where his second language is English not French. He is very bright and I am sure in a few weeks he will be speaking French like a native.  Young Fatouma who did write down her name for me has the most gorgeous baby Noe and then Fredo  [Frederic]who has been at Sautou some time came specially to give me 3 drawings he had done. I will choose one to go in artists of the area.
It was lovely also to be greeted by so many TAG readers as an old friend and to all of you who came and supported the charity  " Via Sahel, Enfants d'Afrique" I give you special thanks.
Jane had a  suggestion that I ask TAG readers to start saving all their small bronze coins in a jar to hand in periodically  and I think that is a great idea, well thought Jane.
MUST ADD! BETTY'S CAKES SOLD LIKE HOT CAKES IN THE EXPO ROOM, well done Betty.
Fatouma, baby Noe and Jean Marie

Resi who spotted the coat before me!

Rana in a group of the most adorable young people

Fatouma, next to my very special friend from Bangladesh Ahad, Winnie, Jean Marie and Greg

A group of my young friends.
Comments to   taglines82@gmail.com