Friday 14 December 2012

Let us find them a concert venue.

I sing with a choir in UK, Sterndale Singers, which has visited France 3 times since 2007 staying in Villefranche and giving free concerts round the area.  We usually have a collection afterwards and have been able to give a decent donation to our hosts.

We have sung in Loc Dieu, Chapelle aux Penitents Noirs, St Antonin etc.  I am in the middle of arranging a fourth visit for 2013, but am struggling to find churches for concerts as I am rather late this time and several venues are booked.  I wonder if you could ask via tag-on-line whether anyone has suggestions for where we would be welcome and whom I should contact?
We are looking for the evenings of 23 and 24 August and the choir has about 24 singers. We  might well bring a string quartet to enhance the offering- as we did in 2011. I have contacted the Mairie at Najac and asked a friend in St Antonin for possible contacts there but have not had replies yet.
Any help would be much appreciated.  I will of course be in T &G in the spring? summer to follow up arrangements properly.
Thanks   Angela Rees    angela@garees.eclipse.co.uk

Just googled Sterndale Singers, it appears they are based in Sheffield, with a pretty busy concert programme through out England. Look them up , looks like a good choir.