Saturday 8 December 2012

5 of us are planning to jump through hoops in 2013

Long time residents here ( must be more than 5 years ) are planning on taking the roller coaster ride in 2013 to gain dual- nationality. Why would we bother I can hear you ask?  Not sure about the others but I want a vote somewhere. I want my voice to be heard from a tick on a ballot paper. Lots of women fought for me to be able to have that right, so I do not want to let all their trials and tribulations go to waste. Before long I will not be able to vote in England and as we live here full time, it is what is happening here that matters. The more I see of the rise of Marine Le Pen the more I want to say " No, I do not agree with racist views" and I want at least to be able to cast a more moderate vote.
It is not going to be easy but we are all keen to give it a try and as long as we can keep our English nationality ( fall back position ) then we are keen to go ahead. If you are interested in knowing more contact us, but we will keep you informed in TAG at each step.
Comments to    taglines82@gmail.com