Sunday 16 December 2012

Greetings from Christchurch NZ

greetings from Christchurch on a beautiful sunny morning - heading for 28 degs.   Hope it cools  down a little before this evening as I have been invited to a preview of Les Miserables.    
 Unfortunately my hard drive gave up and I did not have a computer for a short while and only opened your email over the weekend and I was very touched to receive it.   I, too was very disappointed when Alison and Ian had to call off their visit.
I love all the animal stories on Tag, glad the donkeys got some Xmas Hay and I have been aware of the tremendous work of the Pheonix for many years.    My Thai friend cannot say his Rs so rats become Latties and I enjoyed telling him the story of your rat - hope the smell is diminishing.     Sadly my beautiful tabby boy Freddie had to be put to sleep a month ago 2 days after his 16th birthday   and I am not coping too well.    He was my emotional support through 12000+ quakes.    After the 1st big quake in Sept 2010 I rehomed another lovely tabby boy and he was killed during 2nd big quake in Feb 2011.

I am busy selling the bits I salvaged after big quakes, had to leave my home and friends  let me live in their seaside bach(albeit in the most affected area) but now this too is one of the 413  beach properties due for demolition and I have to move at the end of Jan.      With this and Freddie's death I have decided to take a long trip and will be visiting Europe and would hope that I could spend a day in your area and meet up with you and Malcolm and Alison and Ian for a face to face.
 Thank you for your notes it means a lot to communicate with people who are not directly affected by the quakes -  it will be years before CHCH will be be rebuilt  parts are utterly devastated and parts untouched.

Regards to Alison & Ian and Tag on line  is so enjoyable and I love the Bergerie comments.
Keep up the good work for the children - that was my career - more another time.
Give the cats a cuddle from me and Twister sounds fun.

Love Ann
 Val says  Can you remember how touched we were to receive Ann's first letter ? Well I am sure if Ann makes a visit  to Tarn and Garonne, there will be many friends here to welcome her. We all wish her a Very Happy Christmas and a trouble free new year.
Comments to   Taglines 82@gmail.com