Friday 18 May 2012

Eggsotic home sought

It is now two months since the fox killed Hetty and Betty and I began to suffer ' hen deprivation syndrome' so the new arrivals Henny and Penny came last week. They are now both laying pigeon sized eggs,but it is a start. Sadly the hen house is beginning to collapse and although it was bought at great expense as a special hens home, it has never been much cop, or fit for purpose. I fancy having a go at designing a more exotic residence for which I would need an old wooden cupboard with doors. Malc has the ideal thing that he keeps his tools in but he has warned me off it. Has anyone got a cupboard they have been thinking of taking to Emmaus or the tip that they could offer for my new project. Do not go running to the ' hen protection society' with tales of hen house mistreatment as the one they are in will last a few more weeks and I will remember each night to close the gate to their enclosure. I can collect.. email  mail@bromlea.com