Sunday 27 November 2016

We are now going for 65

Caroline Mills came up with the idea and what a great idea it is. She wondered with a bit of help from TAG if we could buy all the children at Realville a christmas present. We discussed the fact that many are Muslims, but I know last year our Muslim boys loved Christmas and helped us celebrate. Interestingly I saw an Imam this morning on BBC news discussing this very subject and agreeing with my experience of Muslims about Christmas.
We decided each Christmas  present should be around the same value but everyone could make it up in the way they wished and add a Christmas card or note to say who they were and why they were participating.
We needed 30 presents!!
Well within two days we had offers of 50.
So now we are going for 65 presents and covering the refugees in our area, Realville, Bruniquel and the earlier Rehoboth boys and friends of theirs we have met through them.
So another 15 to go and I am confident we can do it.
We are suggesting things like a " t" shirt" after shave, shaving foam, kit kats, chocs, little games, underpants, socks,small scissors. etc. etc.
If you do not live nearby but want to send 20 euros Caroline and I are having a morning next week making up parcels, so will be happy to do this for you. I will add a card with your name and Christmas greetings.
Christmas is about giving and as always,  you my special readers never let me down.
Thank you
comments to taglines82@gmail.com