Friday 31 July 2015

Such a good read TAG

Hi Val.

Now you understand why I started off my earlier piece that your blog makes for a good read. I gave a nudge in the direction of being bigoted and controversial and look at what I started.

To all you who have commented, I must apologise for being mischievous in my aims to get you fired up and typing: but you must agree, it worked beautifully and I’ve yet again had a thoroughly good read.

With regard to the residents of the Sangatte commune and in fact all of those fleeing from unsafe homes.

In truth my heart goes out to them.What must life be like living in such conditions. I completely agree with the comments that these people have left their homes in search of the Utopia that I am lucky enough to have found: and yes, a new fence costing millions is not the answer.

I also agree that the problem is Europe wide and all EU countries stricken with the problem need to get their combined heads together to solve this.

I will add one further comment.

Throwing millions of pounds/Euro's at the corrupt governments these people are fleeing from is not the answer.

I thank all you contributors for making my life more enjoyable and I say keep up with the fired up input.

Brian.

Val says-  well it certainly worked Brian, but do just tell me you do not REALLY hold Enoch Powell in great esteem ?

Hi Val.

In response to your request.

I truly believe Enoch was a genius: just like Spike Milligan. But then of course there is the old adage, genius borders on insanity.

Spike spent years in sanitariums and even on his grave stone it reads, “ I told you I was ill”.

Enoch had his moments of genius, and then his moments of lunatic rants.

Thankfully, and as you pointed out, we live in a world of free speech and each is entitled to their opinion.

For my part I neither support or reject Enoch. Some of what he said holds merit, other contributions from him nothing but lunacy designed to whip up a frenzy of hatred. But. As in all these instances, one persons interpretation can be the opposite to another.

There are those that think Blair and Brown were the best thing that happened to Great Britain Plc. And that’s a different ‘nudge’ altogether.

Kind regards


Brian.