Wednesday 2 July 2014

It seemed such a good idea at the time.

The slide was reduced in Unicor's sale and it seemed such a good idea to buy and install for the grandchildren and renters coming this summer. Knowing how busy we are with other things you might think this was a folly,  and you could be right. First assemble the thing, upside down, back to front, every which way but how it should be, with instructions worse than Ikea. Then realise that it will need stabilising, a concrete flat plinth, tying down etc.
Then I have visions of fat bottom renters giving it a try [ no good for me] even though the instructions say ''only for 12's and under '' one grandchild is 13, so there's a conundrum. To top it all I suddenly thought when the pool has it's cover automatically rolled out and over the pool, how many enterprising little tots are going to climb the ladder and go down!
So now we need to find a way of blocking the steps off when the pool is closed.
I just wish I would stop having bright ideas and I cannot even tell you what ''that sub thinks''
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com