Sunday 25 May 2014

How many dogs and cats are euthanized in France each year?

I can see by googling that 4 million dogs and cats have to be put to sleep in the US every year... 4 million!
I cannot find just searching quickly the numbers in France but it will be a significant number. I was delighted to see the highest score ever of readers basically saying " breed no more cats" the country has enough moggies for everyone who wants one, or even like us, four!
Responsible ownership is the key and like all the animal welfare associations in the country I would make a plea to sterilise or castrate your pet. If you get a dog or cat from a rescue association part of the deal is they are sterilised before leaving their care.
I know the one couple who ticked sympathise on this post do  not agree and in their country situation it is perhaps a different matter but in truth their argument does not win me over. An argument as friends we agree to differ on.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com