Tuesday 27 May 2014

A mist in the valley morning

All my readers know I love my early morning out in the fields with the various pets. This morning althought the sun is not shining it was not cold. The mist was swirling down below in the valley making the inhabitents of Varen caught in its chilly web.
It is beautiful and fresh up here after the rain yesterday, birds singing, baby birds everywhere you look. Our kestrel is nesting 3 fields down in an old disused pigeonnier, I could just see him circling, oddly we do not see him up here hunting in our fields. We think the pair might have given us the thumbs down as we have had the gite in constant use, people on the terrace and the fire lit which as the chimney runs up next to the nest might have made it uncomfortably warm.
The donkeys are in fine form and all enjoyed my chat and stroke, they push each other for attention and I have to be careful to share the cuddles equally. In the 8 months we have looked after Filou and Coco they have changed enormously and now come like my girls for a cuddle without the encouragement of food.  Enough about donkeys, have a lovely day everyone.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com