Friday 24 August 2012

Astra 2F The debate rumbles on

It was a bit disconcerting to be told what I'd said was 'rubbish' on a public site! (Richard).......but I was only relaying some news that is in fact true. Astra 2F is indeed scheduled for launch on the 14th September and it is uncertain as to how it will affect overseas viewers in Europe. I wanted to alert people to the possibility of a problem, not to scare monger that it definitely would arrive!
This is the reply of the person who informed me when I told him of the response:
'Hmmm. We'll see. The art of predicting satellite footprints is a dark one. The "official" diagrams from the operator do look depressing, but this may well be to try and convince the TV rights holders that it's only available in the UK. The only way to find out is when Astra 2F is actually orbited and in service. Adam'
Let's hope all will be well.
Very best wishes,
Ann 
Vals reply
I have not a clue about this and have done lots of research to find out more. I am passing it on to a reporter from  the Connexion newspaper and hope he can come up with answers.
Another way to look at it is, let us all watch French TV. It will improve our knowledge of the language and the country where we now live.
Read the comment which has come.