Thursday 4 January 2018

What a busy day

The editor was up at 6.30 am and out for 7.45am picking up a car full of boys to go off with the remorque / trailer to pick up some household items for the boys.
Quite an adventurous  day as along the route we had a problem with the plastic wheel arch, which we managed to fix by tearing it off.
Then on to meet a friend in a village near Gaiilac who was donating lots of things including a fridge for one of the boys. 
Whilst waiting for the friend in a car park in the village, the gendarmes drew up alongside us, staring intently into the car. 
I told the boys to stay quietly inside and got out to see what the problem was. 
Peering into the car they asked me if it was my car and where I lived. After lots of explanations of what we were doing and where we were going they sat and watched us as we moved off. The relief that we had good working trailer lights  was enormous. 
 Makes you realise though it is not easy for black faces in France.
We got our trailer full and as we drove home I realised we needed petrol and I had left my purse at home, though I did have 20 euros in my pocket. 
We stopped in St. Antonin and straight away found a friend who used her card to get me petrol.
When I got in about 2 pm I was absolutely shattered but still had unloading to organise.
Malc had been on dog / donkey/ garden duty with the help of one of our Africans here. Lots of branches, tidied up, a tree repositioned which had blown over and broken tiles picked up.
Busy is good, doing nothing is boring I told Malc with a big smile..
taglines82@gmail.com