Tuesday 18 August 2015

The English bookshop and Goose fat and garlic

Dear Val Johnstone

I only learned in July that the English Bookshop had reopened under new ownership. I contacted Kathy Pinsent who was very busy sorting the shop out and explained that over the years I
had supplied the bookshop with copies of my cookery book “Goose Fat & Garlic,   Country Recipes of South West France”.    I also explained that in 2013 we published a new edition with
20 additional recipes and she took 6 copies straight away.      Next week we will be taking her further copies to see her through the winter months (it makes a good Christmas present!).
She will also have copies of my husband, Paul’s “Wines of South West France”.

She is hoping to open the shop on Sundays through the winter, manned by volunteers, as she has a teaching post in the UK.   If anyone would like to help, her email is

Good wishes
Jeanne Strang