Wednesday 5 August 2015

Nightmare bikers and a fire

Dear Val

You ran a piece earlier today about the 1800 cyclists touring our area over the next couple of days. Yesterday we came across them going from Albi to Cahors and back being quite well behaved on the wide roads. Perhaps it was the huge lorries which kept them in order. 

Today their tour included Castelnau de Montmiral, Puycelsi and St Antonin; What a nightmare. As they rode down our narrow twisting lanes they must have thought they were recreating the Tour de France and having delusions of grandure. I kept coming across bunches of as many as 20 riding up to 6 abreast which was downright dangerous as I crawled behind them at 30 kph or tried to drive safely in the opposite direction as they took ownership of almost the entire road.

Yesterday I thought what a nice idea. Today I am only too glad to find out from TAG that it is only for this year

Ginny

PS what was the cause of the fire with an enormous pall of smoke I saw in St Antonin this morning. I do hope that no one was injured and not too much damage was done. Certainly enough fire engines seemed to be going there

Ginny