Monday 18 May 2015

Well that was a concert and a half

As I left L'Eglise de St. Antonin last night a friend said to me " well that was a concert and a half" another friend said "I  did not know we had such talent in the area"
The concert organised by Geof Cryer to raise funds for the church organ to be restored was SUPERB.
We arrived a bit early and for me being a bit of a short arse  (short in height, sadly not width) getting a front pew was the first time I have actually seen singers at any of these church concerts.
The mainly renaissance music was wonderfully sung by the choir under the direction of Geof. I am not mentioning individuals as all were wonderful.
At one point the left hand side stained glass window caught the sun's rays and the singers and audience were bathed in a heavenly glow.
The church as far as I could see was filled near to capacity. On leaving I lost Malc who had been grabbed by French friend Therese to be taken and introduced to the curé. Malc helps Therese with her publicity for the concerts at Selgues and Verfeil.
We drove home discussing the programme and singers and players; we always think this is a good sign that we have enjoyed the evening.
A big thank you to all who participated.
Geof tells me they raised 1,378.50 euros and they start work on the programme for 18th of July now.
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com