Monday 3 August 2015

Super book swap in the sun.

Lots of books, lots of people, all enjoying the book swap relaxing in the sun. By the time we left the temperature was 36 degrees, admittedly we stayed for lunch.
Lunch for nine with the family.
I did go around explaining to all, that the left over books this time would be sent to help Festilit, the Parisot literary festival. They have attracted really well known authors to come to this event but this comes at a cost. Gina Connolly is hoping that they can raise a fair amount from their book sale at the end of October.
I also went around saying that the book swap would be cancelled in Sept. and October,so we could support the festival.
No one was happy.
I did not tell the Gazpacho we would not be going as I have suggested to book borrowers that we all meet for a coffee as usual the first Monday of the month,( keeping the Gazpacho happy) and if anyone wants to swap books it is up to them.
I do not want to be a dictator.( Malc says thank God, can I have that in writing)
Spiced cuisine would not be affected in September as they are on holiday but are back in October.
I think I  will write to Gina, saying all our books left today and there are boxes of good stuff will be donated to them. Next swap I will encourage people to go and buy at the book sale in October and perhaps give donations to Festilit.
As many said "we enjoy the conviviality, picking up a book or two for free, why disrupt things."
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com