Tuesday 27 March 2012

Beat this if you can!

Do others amongst us have days like these or is it just us?
Malc had the first day off for weeks from visiting Castres on a medical matter.
Started well with a friend arriving with the best of news for her.
Then an artisan arrived to dig up the courtyard to find a break in a drain. After digging numerous deep holes it was decided it was a futile exercise and he filled them in. Paid him a huge amount.
Then our sit on lawn mower was returned after a service. This is the love of my life after the pets oh! and Malc of course. After trying it for a short period I was nearly in tears as it was really uncomfortable to drive and my back started aching. Malc took my moans on board and thought it could only be the tyres. So he checked the pressure to find they had been inflated 4 times over their recommended pressure. So he sorted that for me 'sans problem'.
Malc in the meantime had been with the technicians from Big Mat repairing at a price that I can hardly comprehend the electric roll out pool cover. After they left I said 'OK give me a demonstration' Horror of horrors nothing happened, which was basically how it was all last summer!
He is relieved to be back at Castres with the physio tomorrow.
-And I even forgot to mention that the farmer had fertilised the field next to ours and Bonny, our Golden Retriever had rolled and arrived back covered from head to toe smelling, well unimaginable.( certainly not of Roses)