Saturday 21 May 2016

A delight of a second hand book shop

So this is the new second hand book shop at Laguepie, and it is a delight.
Having worked all my life with books lending or selling I do consider myself knowledgeable or to put another way " a know all on books"
I invariably go into a book shop and see how they are doing it all wrong. Today I had no advice to give, it was as it should be... well done.
Sadly the only thing that may make it fail certainly in the winter is location, but hey! summer will be good and with a mix of books in French, English, Occitane and other languages it will be a pleasure to browse and I add buy. Nothing more soul destroying having people browse for hours and then going out saying how much you enjoyed it without a purchase. I bought a pbk for 3 euros, a good title in pristine condition. Go in and browse certainly but make a small purchase please, there is always a book you can buy.
The picture of the shop window with my image I took on purpose... arty???
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com