Thursday 27 February 2020

Poorpaws book sale

Poorpaws
Dear Booklovers,

A  reminder for you to put Saturday 4th April in your diaries !  It's time for your favourite - I hope - Book Sale.  As usual, at the St. Pantaleon, (Lot), Salle des Fetes from 10am to 3pm.  Books, dvds at one euro and cds at 50 cents.  Your best loved cakes, we have it on record that Liz's carrot cakes and Pat's coffee and walnut, are the best in France - and possibly the universe !
Tea, coffee and snack lunches will all be on offer, so come along and spend a great few hours browsing, buying, eating and drinking !

I am responsible for the books that are chosen to go on sale so if there are authors you don't see and who you like, or if you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to tell me. (But please don't ask me to put them all in alphabetical order !)  I do categorise them but sometimes it is a bit difficult to know which genre to put them in so do look at miscellaneous and hard backs where different categories are put together.   I do try to ensure books which are in good condition but sometimes there are those which I think are cracking good and deserve to be read whatever state they are in, so they are given a chance.  This time - don't I always say this ?! - we have a really excellent choice, so come and indulge !

A service which I started last was a 'book search'; this proved quite popular, so if there is an author you really like, or a book you have been wanting to read, let me know and I will do my best to find it/her/him.

All proceeds to go to La Mere aux Betes, Cancer Support France and Poorpaws Dog Rescue.

So, come rain or shine your Book Team will be ready to greet you on Saturday 4th April !

Sue xx