Sunday 23 February 2020

A club no one wants to join

A club no one wants to join
A good friend who lost his wife a few years ago said to me, ‘’ Val we are in a club no one wants to join’’
I understood perfectly what he was saying. No one wants to loose a beloved partner but as we get older it is going to happen to us all, its a fact of life...or death.
There are  two other people in the village who lost partners around the same time as I lost Malc. It is uncanny how we are all going through the same stages of grief, but the over riding problem is the loneliness, after spending years of sharing ones life.
I am a great one for tackling problems head on. We must accept our lives have changed and prepare for the next phase, which we must try to make as much fun as possible.
Hearts  will ache at bedtime bit we still have our lives which are a gift to enjoy.
If you live in Varen or nearby and want for any reason to join the group no one wants to be in, then contact me to arrange having some fun.
Its a club  with no direction and no other aim than to make us happy.
Maybe we can discuss help we need with documents or jobs too difficult around the house.
So far I think I can  count on 5, not a bad start, and or course it will be a multi lingual group.
taglines82@gmail.com