Tuesday 11 September 2018

Donkey lunch and before long an end of an era for Jan

From: libertedesanes@gmail.com <libertedesanes@gmail.com>
 jan lemmy <jan.lemmy@wanadoo.fr>


Dear friends of the donkeys

At last I've got friends together to cook a lovely meal for you all on Thursday 20 September.
I do hope lots of you will come along to support us.

Our shop will be open from 12 o'clock serving an aperitif, then lunch is starting at 1 o'clock,
here's our exciting menu ...

Vichyssoise soup

Beef and orange stew with mushrooms, or
Hearty shepherds pie

Vegetarian terrine with a spicey sauce

Apricot tart with cream, or
Lemon ice cream

All proceeds to help the donkeys.   The fields here are still like the desert and your
contribution of 17 euros a head will buy much needed hay and pay towards the high farrier
and veterinary costs that we incur.

I should add that with my impending retirement next year I am desperately looking to place my
donkeys/mules/ponies into good life long homes to carry on being cared for throughout their lives.
Any contacts you may have please put them in touch.

Also if there's anyone out there who could help with the towing of our horse box that would be
marvellous as I have several donkeys waiting to leave to be delivered locally.

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to seeing old friends and new on the 20th.

Jan xxx