Tuesday 24 October 2017

No one would speak English to me.

"Hello everyone.. I'm in a panic.  I lost my wallet containing my passport and French residence card.  The last time I had it was at a caisse in LeClerc yesterday and upon discovering it missing from my purse today returned to LeClerc.   I'm told no one has it, but no one would speak English to me.  Has this happened to anyone else?  If so, what steps did you take?  Thanks in advance!  Should I report to the police?"

Val says  just seen this post on an English speaking forum. Everyone tells the person to cancel her cards but no one asks " why would they speak English? We live in France" Has she thought the reason no one would speak English to her was there were no English speakers there. 
Had she said " I could not find anyone who could speak English",  I may have been more sympathetic.
It does make one smile
taglines82@gmail.com