Thursday 31 January 2013

When we first came to France...

I had a routine Hospital visit, I was reminded of this today after another routine visit. There was a form to fill in with your details, name, address, tel. no. and   " nom de jeune fille"  My French  was not very good and amazingly I had a young daughter, how did they know and why did they want to know her name ? I duly filled in Samantha, came back home and said to Malc, why would they want to know our Sam's name? Malc explained they wanted my name before marriage and we had a bit of a "titter " about it. Two years later when I went for another check up and I got a form saying my maiden name was Samantha, I laughingly explained it to the clerk. The harridan was not amused and told me in no uncertain terms these were serious forms, and strangely  enough I was the last one in the long queue to be seen by the Doctor that day. I could imagine her saying " that took the smile off her face"
Comments to   taglines82@gmail.com