Sunday 30 August 2015

8th World title

Not a well known British athlete, but a well known French athlete. Teddy Riner is a judo player (judoka in French) and has been the world 100+ kilo champion seven times previously. His words yesterday were uncannily similar to those of Mo Farah. "I am not afraid of my competitors, but they knew that I was here for my eighth medal, and just 12 months before the Olympic Games they want to test me out." He admitted it had been a struggle to hold on to his title and that his challengers were beginning to "avoir des crocs" (show their teeth?).
As with Mo his mantra is "work, work and work" to hone those aspects that can be improved upon. These great athletes don't achieve things by accident and should inspire youngsters (and us not so young) to strive for their goals. As Mo said yesterday, we can't all be winners but we can all make an effort.
comments to taglines82@gmail.com