Thursday 14 November 2019

My dear Sub editor

Dear dear friends
Sam our daughter is with us now as we face the last step for Malc.
Yesterday I was asked to attend a meeting with the Doctors to be told after a bleed in the brain and the calcium not be beiing controlled by the aggressive chemotherapy, there was nothing more they could do to prolong Malcs life.
They have waited till today till Sam was here to see her Dad, then tomorrow they will stop treatment.
Without the drug which halts the calcium blocking the kidneys they  think he will not survive too long.
He has put up an amazing fight over the last 6 months, he really wanted to continue our lovely life we had together... sadly will power is just not enough. 
He has had amazing care in Albi hospital.
For me all your support has really been needed, the driving everyday for weeks to Albi has taken its toll on me, so all your help over the last few weeks has made a real difference.
I hope I am strong enough to go this final step for him, he is worth it .
53 years together, and I cannot imagine the next step, moving house and being without him.
I am assured of all your love and support and for that I cannot thank you enough.
We are hoping we can get him home for a few days to be with us and the pets but we are not sure if he is well enough for the journey here or even if he would feel safer in hospital for the end.
I wanted all our friends to know where we are and this is the easiest way to tell you all.
taglines82@ gmail.com