Friday 31 May 2019

Better news

What an up and down week we have had.
I am able to post as things are looking up
Malc started feeling ill and as tests were ongoing to find out the cause he started losing his memory, getting confused and had no balance so often nearly fell. He proudly boasts .. but I did not fall
We have had a few days where he thought his computer was all to pot, but it works out the computer was OK it was Malc who was not.
Today we were at the Drs arranging a brain scan when I remembered I had in my bag a water sample. A medic friend of my daughters thought it sounded as if it could be a severe urinary infection, so advised I took a sample with me.
I produced the plastic tub from my bag. I had tried to find a jam jar but the only empty one was honey, and even though washed I thought there maybe traces of honey which might throw up diabetic readings. Anyway the plastic lid had partly come off and the Dr and I both ended up thoroughly washing our hands, but we had saved enough. Readings showed he had an infection and the Doctor thinks this could be causing the symptoms.
Malc is now on a non specific antibiotic until the results pin point what exactly the infection is. The brain scan is on hold.
Still having some funny conversations but things are looking up and we are both feeling more cheerful
Thanks to Laetitia for all her help and support and to all who have sent supportive messages.


Malc checking the list of do ‘s and don’ts on the antibiotics