Monday 17 December 2018

Anyone got a decent working phone? Someone has offered one, yippee

Today we went to the Christmas meal at Parisot and what a joy to see most of my boys gathered together. What a lovely meal the boys made with the help of Samira.
Firstly I talked to a guy from Afghanistan I did not know but he has his papers and completed his French course. He is now looking for a job, but he is determined and presentable and will find one.
Then I spent time talking with a new guy who had only been in the CAO for two days. It had taken him a year to get from Somali and he came on his own. Quite often the boys travel in pairs or in groups. It takes an amazing amount of courage to be on your own.
I like to have facebook and messenger contact with the boys so asked him to have my details and if he needed anything to let me know. Apart from a bedside lamp which I can supply, he needs a phone as his was stolen a week ago. At Christmas to be without a phone to contact family and friends must be awful. Has anyone got a working phone they were thinking of changing and could donate please?
My new friend Abdi Karin speaks English which is good for me but I have told him he must attend French lessons which they now have lessons everyday Monday to Friday, he promised he would
To get a job here after asylum the boys must speak French
Welcome dear boy and I look forward to seeing you again soon
And for all you other boys who it was lovely to see again, great you are all doing so well.
Getting jobs, doing their obligatory 200 hours French courses and some helping with community projects at Villefranche and Laguépie.
We also delivered Christmas presents for all to be handed out nearer the time
taglines82@gmail.com