Wednesday 21 October 2020

Doctors coming and going and a good optician in St. Antonin

So we have a new remplacent Doctor in Varen called Dr De Vries.
What a good job, as I am told by a reader that Dr Trann will soon have closed his surgery in Laguepie. There is an English speaking Doctor in St. Antonin who if not already,  will be overloaded soon.
I have had a very pleasant visit to the optician in the halle in St.Antonin this morning. What a nice guy who has been installed there for nearly a year and a half.
I needed some new distance glasses and he was able to take the prescription from my sun glasses to make a new pair.
He also did some minor repairs to my reading glasses for free.
He complimented me on my French, ( which went down well ) and he told me in the summer one of every two customers were English who did not speak French. He had come from a practise in Gaillac where  there were few English clients so he said he rapidly had to brush up on his English
I was very impressed.
Since posting I have learned the optician is the son of well known and respected Gerard Narjoux of Espinas
Dr Trann is moving to Marseille, his wife died of cancer some months ago
The new Doctor is Dutch and speaks English
taglines82@gmail.com