Monday 25 May 2020

Funeral info, one day ,it could be useful

I am often asked things on Tag on line and since Malc died I am asked about funerals, how to organise, who can perform the ceremony and most importantly funeral costs. Tonight receiving the message below reminded me to tell you my experiences which may be helpful.
Malc died in hospital at Albi and we arranged with one of the nursing staff who has the job to help you with onward steps. We had decided he would be cremated in an Albi crematorium. The body was picked up and taken straight there. The funeral has to be arranged with a week unless exceptional circumstances, which certainly puts the pressure on. I did not want a French celebrant to hold the service as ones we had seen before were so impersonable and one kept even getting the name of the deceased wrong.
A friend who was good at public speaking did it for me , he will never be forgottenđź’•
When we went to organise the funeral you need to make it clear what you want. We had talked it over before Malc died and he wanted the cheapest possible funeral so money could be given to refugees.
The cost of coffins can differ tremendously,they did not have cardboard coffins but you can get them. In the end we went for the cheapest wooden coffin with rope handles and no fancy lined insides, it cost 1,000 euros
The urn we chose was cardboard and cost 30 euros, the ashes were scattered the next day in the countryside where we enjoyed walking.
We had no expense of cars except the body delivery from hospital to crematorium. The final cost was 2, 400 euos but many spend up to 5,000
Tonight when the post below came I thought I would certainly promote this man as the info he sent looked good. 
More info to come.
By the way the charge for advertising on Tag for 3 months is now made payable to Mains Tendues 82

His message

I have started to provide a service  as an English speaking Funeral Celebrant and am keen to ensure that knowledge of this service is made widely known throughout our region and "Tag on-Line seems to me to offer that possibility. I would like to take an advertisement in your publication and I understnd that your charge for this is €35 for three months which is payable to the five charities mentioned on your site. I was not clear how the  payment is made - Do I choose my charity or do you collect all the contribitions and then divide them across the chosen charities?

 I would be happy to provide advertorial content if you want it and enclose herewith a pdf version of my brochure for you to better understand the service offered. 
I look forward to hearing from you and to joining your band of advertisers.