Sunday 6 October 2019

Help others less fortunate

Hi Val
I have an odd request; having just read your message about sorting through clothes and some that aren’t wanted at the frip giving to charities, every 2-3 weeks I have to come to London (am there at moment) and I am appalled and astonished at the number of homeless people. In the news they are predicting one of the coldest winters on record for the UK. I wondered if there are any waterproof jackets/hats/scarves that you don’t want for the frip if there’s any chance that I could go through them and take some for the people I see on the streets here, I’d be happy to pay something for them so that the money then goes locally.

I know it sounds bizarre but the charity shops are so expensive (!) here for me to buy anything for homeless people and I’m already scouting for things like neck warmers, gloves and hats for people as I see them. 

I usually have a suitcase and figured that helping even a handful of people is better than nothing.

I know they wouldn’t be locals I’m helping but they’re still people. If you can talk amongst yourselves and let me know I’d really appreciate any help you can give. 

Many thanks and have a nice weekend everyone.


Val says we will be happy to do this at the frip, and ask people to bring these items in but can I also suggest you ask friends and family in the Uk to donate some warm winter clothes to those living on the streets.