Sunday 26 July 2015

Who is Ginny Jenkins ?

dear Val

you said people wondered who I am/was. here is a potted biog of the things important to me here in France. I am sure they dont really want to know how I changed their lives in the UK so we will ldeave that bit out!!

Well this is who I think I am
Ginny Jenkins is an avid TAG reader, FIFI member and devout Anglican as well as having nothing better to do than try and restore the church here. I moved out here some 10 years ago and have had a whale of a time ever since.
I read TAG at least once a day – even in the middle of the Bay of Bengal when I can got a WIFI signal. I find it such a useful medium for gaining and exchanging views even if there are sometimes I wonder if I shall ever agree with Val. My lost causes are very different to hers and so dogs and donkeys irritate me no end. Sometimes I write to state my own view but its greatest value is to advertise the concerts and other fundraisers for the Puycelsi church.
Fifi is also an important part of me now. As its membership grows It has so much better as a bigger organisation. It is able to offer a wider range of activities and there are so many more nice intelligent women to meet.
Being an Anglican it is a joy to be able to worship within thelocal Chaplaincy and with weekly services at Brens – where I go, and Cahors as well as less frequent ones at Caylus it is increasingly easy to go to a welcoming service which caters for all Christians who want to worship in English.    
Restoring the church at Puycelsi has become a passion for Ross and I and he organises the concerts while I make jams,jellies, marmalade and chutney.  I’m gradually introducing the French to such delights as gooseberry jam and crab apple jelly and home-made lemon curd and lemon and grapefruit marmalade as well as orange. This has resulted in my contributing well over 3,500€ in the last year to the restauration fund – something which I am quite proud ofexcept that that also meant I had to make the 1000 jars which were sold.
Ginny
Comments to taglines82@gmail.com